Cacciatore French Bread Pizza
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total Time: 18 min
- Makes 8 Servings
- 1 cup Contadina® Original Pizza Sauce
- 6 French rolls
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in thin strips
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped or l/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 cup olives sliced
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
1. Slice bread in half lengthwise. Place cut-side up on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 425 degree F. oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and salt; cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Spread pizza sauce over cut surface of bread; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with basil, olives and cheese.
3. Bake in 425 degree F. oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.