- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Makes 10 Servings
- 15 oz. Contadina® Extra Thick & Zesty Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. Contadina® Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz. lasagna dried
- 1 lb. italian sausage casings removed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
1. Cook noodles according to package direction; drain.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet until no longer pink, stirring to break up sausage; drain.
3. Add tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Combine ricotta cheese, egg and salt.
4. Layer 1/3 noodles, ½ meat sauce, 1/3 noodles, all ricotta cheese mixture, ½ mozzarella cheese, remaining noodles, remaining meat sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese in 13x9 inch baking dish.
5. Cover and bake in preheated 350°F. oven, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until bubbly.