- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Makes 8 Servings
- 18 oz. Contadina® Tomato Paste
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. italian sausage casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano crushed
- 1/2 tsp. basil crushed
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 10 oz. frozen spinach chopped, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Cook noodles according to package direction; drain.
2. Cook sausage, onion and garlic in large skillet until meat is done; drain.
3. Stir in tomato paste, 2 cups water, oregano and basil. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 mintues.
4. Combine ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg and salt.
5. Spread about ½ cup cheese mixture over each noodle; roll up. Place seam side down in 13x9 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over rolls. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover and bake in preheated 350°F oven, 35 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Del Monte Products In This Recipe