Ricotta Cheese-Stuffed Shells
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1 14.5 oz. Contadina® Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 8 oz. Contadina® Tomato Sauce
- 6 oz. Contadina® Tomato Paste with Roasted Garlic
- 24 shell pasta dried, jumbo
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 eggs beaten
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, cook onion, in oil in large skillet until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon filling into shells. Arrange in 3-quart baking dish. Spoon sauce over shells.
4. Bake, covered, at 375F, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes more until heated through and cheese is melted.
Del Monte Products In This Recipe
Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
Tomato Paste with Roasted Garlic